7.10.2008

First Road Trip...

.....and, first time at the beach. But, I have news for you, little boy, it will most definitely not be the last beach trip. I'll be dragging you there for many summers to come!

Chad and I joined my parents and our dear friends, the Bunnells, at Litchfield over the 4th. We left on Wednesday afternoon and stayed until Sunday. It flew by and we didn't want to come home. Speaking of coming home....that's a dilweed of a story I'll explain soon.

We laid on the beach, rode bikes, rode the golf cart, ate lots of good food, played games and were extremely lazy. I love vacation. Also, we adopted a new use of the word dilweed....normally an ingredient for recipes; however, Chad thought it sounded like a good alternative for "silly," "moron," and other similar words.

We found out, as we suspected from the start, that Oliver has both his mommy and daddy's very sensitive skin. He gets a lot of heat rash and we have to work hard to keep him out of the sun. Just like daddy.

Now for the dilweed of a story...our trip home, normally a four hour drive, turned into a six hour adventure. The interstates were clogged with holiday traffic and we came in contact with more than one standstill situation. We were following my dad, who, like me, would rather be moving than sitting still even if it means taking longer. So, we got a good tour of central SC, Oliver screamed on and off for about an hour and I had to pump in the car. Also, the biggest diaper explosion ever happened in the middle of all that. Dilweed of a day, you see? Normally these things happen to my brother and SIL, but apparently I inherited his luck on this particular day. Anyways, enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow Lauren your little family is amazingly adorable. I love the name Oliver, it seems to totally fit him.
I think about him every time I go to work because my boss' name is Roland Oliver. I thought it was totally funny when I saw it, funny how little things do that.

Chris said...

Lauren, what a great little family you guys have! I remember our first trip to the beach with Tyler. That's when he found out that you can't eat sand! Anyways, tell Chad and your parents I said HI.