August 5th is my most favorite little niece's first birthday. Gigi, Oliver, my grandparents and I made the 8 hour trek to Memphis for her party the weekend of the 10th. Driving to Memphis is NOT one of my favorite past times, honestly, however, this trip was better, even with a baby, believe it or not.
One of the most memorable experiences of the drive took place in Cracker Barrel somewhere halfway between SC and TN. We stopped in to eat dinner and my grandmother wanted to hold Oliver in her lap to give him a break from his carseat and to keep her warm. (It's always cold in Cracker Barrel). So she held him throughout the meal without a problem, but when I asked her to hand him to me so I could go feed him, things fell apart. Oliver had pooped everywhere....and by everywhere, I do NOT mean a measley little diaper leak. This kid had it all over himself, all over my grandmother's whole outfit, and to complete the ensemble, he even managed to leave a huge heaping, similar to a cow patty, on the floor. I took him straight to the bathroom holding him out from me, which drew some stares, and when I got there to change him it was up his back, down his legs, on his neck and in his hair. He practically got a bath there. My grandmother had to completely change her clothes and who knows who cleaned the cow patty off the floor and off the rungs of the chair.
Good thing we were all delerious from driving at this point, because we couldn't help but laugh hysterically at the way things had turned out. And, as a side note, I'm sorry I am always telling stories about poop, but they are just funny. Below are some pictures of the deed being done...before we realized, of course. I sincerely wish I would've stopped to get a picture of the patty, but I was somewhat flustered at the time.
7 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA I like poop stories and you always tell them so funny! Hope that sweet dakota's party was special with her new cousin there--did you get lots of pics of them together??
ooohhh, that's a good story lauren.
That's definitely a poop face. :)
He looked like he was caught in the act in that last pic! LOL!
I know who cleaned up the poop patty off the floor-----yours truly...Gigi. Oh the things a grandmother will do for her sweet babies!!
That is hilarious! I love a good poop story - I can definitely relate!
What a funny story. It always happens at the craziest times.
Post a Comment