10.09.2008

Food for Thought...Take I

After our four month appointment on Monday, we didn't waste any time in giving Oliver some food. This has been much anticipated by me because I just think it's fun. Plus, hopefully, this will satisfy my pumpkin's monstrous appetite. Well, I just expected him to gobble it up on the first try just as if he'd been as excited as I for this new treat. Not so.

The first day we tried rice cereal and he was not a fan. It's gross, I tasted it. The second day we tried oatmeal cereal with bananas. It was a little better. He kept making awful faces and then gagging. I think he is just getting used to the texture because today for breakfast, he seemed to enjoy it a little more. Like all new things, I'm sure it'll take time, and it won't be long before he's begging for more. I can't wait to see what he does when we stick veggies in there. I've heard it takes nine times of trying before a baby can become used to something. If he still doesn't like it after the ninth try, then he probably genuinely doesn't like it. Look at these faces...they're hilarious.



If you try this again, I'll scream.


Enough of this now, mom.

4 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

I'm right there with you! I am counting down the days until AN can take solids! I can't wait either! He is a big eater too!

Beth said...

Cute pictures! Hopefully he will enjoy it more next time!

Anonymous said...

Our appointment is THURSDAY and I can;t wait to get the go ahead! Sweet pics. can't beleive how much his face has changed already...he has a big boy face! When I walked into the nursery ..he was chatting with his buddy Jay!

Chris said...

Just wait Lauren, one day he will be raiding the pantry 3 or 4 times a day. Mine are 4 and 6 and they raid the pantry and the fridge constantly. Thanks for sharing the pics. Tell Chad I said HI.