Thoughts of late:
Funny bumper stickers I've come across and written down...although crass, admit, they're hilarious:
-"Cats flattened while you wait."
-"Save a baby; abort a liberal."
Consignment:
-I guess it's another product of the "bad economy" but have you noticed a ton of new consignment shops for women?? I have. They are popping up everywhere and advertise "upscale" clothing for "discount" prices. Can't wait to check those out if I'm ever not pregnant again.
Oliver:
-is a mess.
-Here is why: this week alone he has broken my glasses (expensive!), broken a picture frame and played among the shards of glass (no cuts), played in the toilet (unbeknowst to me at the time), eaten an entire Walgreen's receipt, learned how to "hide" from mommy when he is doing something he knows he's not supposed to, and developed an extreme love of french fries.
-Nevertheless, my love for him grows.
-I know you're probably not surprised since his hobbies include playing in the toilet and eating receipts, but this week he's been sick. Just a cold, I thought. I took him to the doctor for some eczema (totally unrelated to the cold) and lo and behold, the poor child has a double ear infection. One or two more and we might be looking at tubes.
-I wonder if my laid back momness, if that's a word, will start kicking my fanny. All week, I've had the "he's fine!" attitude, an ear infection not even crossing my mind. Poor kid. Oh well.
Selling/Buying Houses; More on the economy:
-In less than one week's time, we've held an open house at our house (which is for sale, by the way), made an offer on another house, and received an offer on our house. I like to think of myself as a level headed person (some of you may disagree); however, house hunting/selling is stressful any way you put it. While thankful for the offer we received, it was extremely low and almost unworkable. The potential buyer offered 25K lower than asking price, wants us to pay closing costs, and wants our washer, dryer and refrigerator. Sure, you can have whatever you want mister, and while you're at it, take our furniture too, and you can have the house for free. :) Long story short, we are still negotiating with the guy trying to not let this opportunity slip through our fingers, but I'm just not sure it's going to work out in the end. For this situation I'd like to cling to this following quote in which I'd love to give the author credit, but I don't know the author.
"Let every legitimate pleasure and every pain that God turns for your good become an occasion of glorying in the cross of Christ, by which they were purchased for you"
McDonald's/Nice people:
-Understand this: I don't ever eat at McDonald's. Except for today. The last time I had a hamburger there was when I was pregnant with Oliver to satisfy a random craving, but other than that and today, I've probably eaten less than 5 McDonald's hamburgers in my life. I don't mean to be a fast food snob, I just prefer Arby's or Chick-fil-a, plus we never went there growing up so I don't care anything about it. Well, today, after a visit to the pediatrician and a diagnosis of a double ear infection, Oliver was hungry and tuckered out and McDonald's was the closest thing for lunch. It sounded good to me, so what the heck? Plus, I wanted to reward Oliver for all of his obviously excellent behavior I mentioned above. HA! Let me tell you: I thought I was in a 5 star restaurant. Seeing that my hands were full with Oliver and his garb, the lady behind the register took my order, proceeded to carry my tray to a table, asked me what I'd like to drink, and then went to get our drinks, napkins, ketchup etc while I waited at the table. Wow! My second time in line (for an apple pie, of course) the man behind us picked up Oliver's toy that he was "accidentally" dropping countless times and then offered to put our high chair up for us so I wouldn't have to deal with it. Wow! Such NICE people. Sometimes it's easy to give up on this world and assume there aren't any more nice people around. I'll tell you where they are: at McDonald's.
-For lunch I probably ate twice my weight and daily allotment in calories. I enjoyed my quarter pounder with cheese, fries and sweet tea (oh, and apple pie) while Oliver feasted on a meal of french fries.
To sum it up: it's been an interesting week in our house. Wonder what next week holds?
7 comments:
You crack me up!!! Thanks for the laughs!!
I enjoyed the little random rambling. :) It made me smile. I hope Holiver gets to feeling better though.
I'll tell you what next week brings...Gigi will be home to help with that wild child and we find out if it's a BOY or girl!!!
gigi, why do you have boy in all caps but not girl?? huh, huh?
SO I think its a GIRL(sorry gigi)just a hunch! PLEASE don't change your laid back momness that is what I count on in you. TRUST me it will make for less stressful times especially when dealing with a move.
Hope that all works out. One last thing Jay loves toilets too! HA
LOL!!! I think us nurses come in two varieties - super hypochodriac or totally laid back:-) I am sorry to hear about the double ear infection though, no fun. Congrats on the house offers, hope things work out.
exciting news about the house possibilities and can't wait to hear if it's a boy or GIRL!!!!!!
Post a Comment