1.27.2010

Stetson, among other things.

Well, you're probably wondering why I have only posted pictures and haven't written a lick of news the past several weeks. I'll tell you why. I have two kids under the age of two. It's busy and fun and I love it, but's there's little time for blogging.

Stetson is already 7 weeks old. Can you believe it? Not me. He is a joy and pleasure. His demeanor is very contented, and he rarely cries. Really. Oliver was a good baby, but Stetson is more content and laid back. He slept through the night once this week, and other nights usually just wakes up once to feed. He has already started smiling at us, which completely melts my heart as it encompasses his whole face, but I have yet to catch it on camera. He's as sweet as pie, and right now it looks like he might turn out to be my more pensive child.

Here are some revelations (not complaints, mind you) I've noticed being a mommy of two:

-Groceries...where do they go?? With a carrier in the buggy and a toddler up front, there's not much room left for food. You know the bottom rack that most people use for toilet paper and soft drinks? Well, I use that for EVERYTHING, including fresh produce and packets of gum. This revelation is true in Target shopping as well.

-The amount of poop in my house has increased exponentially. Changing diapers is a part of parenthood, and one that I don't really mind or make a fuss over. I mean, it's got to be done. But, with a newborn, suddenly, every time I turn around, someone is wearing poop!

-I have a new addition to my wardrobe. They are dark circles under my eyes. It's a good thing for this addition too, because nothing else fits now anyways..ha!

-Ahh, the shower. Any other mommies feel like the shower is a safe haven? If I'm lucky enough to get one that day, I prolong my shower time for as long as possible without being dangerous. (For my toddler, not me) When alone there, I am totally and briefly unaware of who is fussing or getting into trouble. If many of you know Oliver, this time has to be brief to avoid the dangerous part I mentioned above. :)

In all seriousness, I thoroughly enjoy being a mommy of two beautiful boys and it's been a very smooth transition. For that, to God be the glory.

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Well said...Amen!! Love those boys!!!

Unknown said...

I use the front carrier for Corban and put Dakota in the cart. Works well.

Lauren said...

Yep, Stetson loves the sling, but usually he's sleeping in his carrier and I just hate to wake him :)

Double Dees in SC said...

Good stuff! You have such beautiful boys. And never complaints - ALWAYS revelations and discoveries. Maybe I'll start using those nicer words. :)

Outnumbered! said...

You are so brave taking them both to the store. I just go by myself when BD can watch them. In fact, I still don't take them anywhere by myself. ha!