7.06.2010

Trouble already?

Little smiley face is learning to move! Although not crawling, he is scooting and sitting up. It's not a guarantee that he'll be exactly where I left him anymore...which leads to this...

Notice the warning tag in the background. It probably says, "Don't let your babies chew on this." Eh.



I guess it's time to buckle my seat belt. With two on the move, it's about to get even more interesting than it already is. :)

In other news, we've been busy! Typical for summer, but so much fun. Starting the second week of June, one of my very best friends got married. Congrats Carrie and Ryan! After the 3 full days of wedding events, we went straight to LB for our annual family trip. It was one week, 4 babies, 6 adults, lots of laughs, and plenty of early mornings (thanks Oliver). Pics of that to come later. The next weekend it was back to LB with four of the best girlfriends anyone could ask for....sans kids. It was AMAZING! We giggled, sat on our bums, stayed up late, woke up late and did things that adults do...you know, like have an uninterrupted conversation. We love our kids, but we also LOVE our time together. More pics of that to come as well, I'm counting on you KLee for a CD. I'm ashamed to admit I was too lazy (girl's weekend) or busy (family week) to get many shots of our beach time. That brings us to July 4th. We decided to stay in town for once. Chad and I had some "date time" on Saturday and on Sunday, we headed to the lake. Yes, the lake!! Usually salt water is on our agenda, but the fresh water took me back! I grew up going to the lake and aspire to raise our kids the same way, so, needless to say, I LOVED our time there. Thanks to the Bunnell's for being wonderful hosts, and congrats on the new house! The weather, as you Greenvillians already know, was perfect all weekend. The kids did amazing. Oliver loves the water, and even tubed behind the boat with his daddy! (He also jumped off the diving board at the swimming pool last week!) Again, no pictures of that. I'm terrible, I know.

We have had such a fun summer and we love spending it with our babies! Here's a few fun shots, I HAVE managed to capture. What are you doing this summer?

Big man sitting up...

...and sipping.



Oliver decided he wanted to wear these baby rattle booties. Okay, whatever. At least I knew where he was. :)

Camping with Coco.


Finally, the 6 month comparison:

Stetson


Oliver

3 comments:

Gigi said...

These boys are just 2 of the many loves of my life. They make me laugh! But why does Stetson have on long pants and sleeves when it's 100 degrees outside?

Lauren said...

those are his pajamas! he can't use covers, you know.

w and js mommy said...

I love the comparisons and O with the baby booties on! :) Ha
I love you too thanks to you and your awesome parents and oc course Summer Lovin' for a great GWA!
RAG DOLL