So, lately.
-I got progressive lenses because of some weird "accomodation" problem with my eyeballs. (Must be genetic because JLC has problems too). Anyways, the funny nugget here is that I was mistaken for a 40+ year old SEVERAL times at Jervey. Hello?!? I'm 26, thank you very much, and there are more diagnoses that require bifocals other than old age. Geesh.
-Daddy had a cycling accident. He suffered a broken clavicle, broken ribs, and a punctured lung. After spending a week in the hospital to re-inflate his lung, he had a major surgery to repair his clavicle which was broken into FOUR pieces. WOW. That was a sad, crazy time, but he is much better now and we are so appreciative of everyone who supported us and prayed for us during that time.
-I forgot to go to work. Don't worry, that's why I told you about dad's accident. It's his fault, and I sure like to tease him about it. Actually it's not his fault, but the excuse, "I forgot," doesn't sound that smart. What happened was, this particular Friday we were supposed to be in Memphis visiting my brother, but we postponed our trip BECAUSE of my dad's surgery and decided to go the following weekend. So, Friday rolled around and since we were supposed to be traveling, I thought nothing of getting up, taking the kids to school and going to work like I normally do every other Friday. My boss called around 10 (I had not yet told her I'd be gone that Friday because I forgot that too, so she didn't know the difference), wondering where I was and worried something had happened. I had to tell her I totally forgot to go to work. Sound embarrassing? It was, ahem, is. So, all I have to blame is my pea sized brain and the fact that it was a crazy time with my dad in the hospital and all.
-Oliver DOES NOT sleep. It started when he was born. Oh, just kidding. It actually started about three weeks ago. One night I awoke with a jolt and noticed the hall light on. I got up to find him sitting indian style outside our bedroom door with his blankie and two fave racecars in his hand. I specifically remember putting those in the playroom the night before, so I immediately knew he had been downstairs playing for some time. What time? 2am. I scolded him, put him back to bed, and forgot. It was weird, but he's weird. Well, the next night was, unfortunately, no different. And the next, and next, and that brings us to naptime today. I put him down, kissed him and left. Five minutes later I go in to check on him, and the light is on, toys out, and he's jumping on his bed. You can laugh, but just know, I'm not. Any suggestions?
-Oliver is also into telling me "you wook prwetty," and "no way!" He gets up before me most mornings (big surprise), and several mornings I've come downstairs to mischief. Once he was taking big licks out of the peanut butter jar, and another time he LET HIMSELF OUT OF THE HOUSE and was in the garage playing with daddy's tools. It's not like I leave him alone for hours either. On these instances, he was only alone for maybe 10 minutes.
-We went to Memphis this past weekend to celebrate Corban's first birthday, a monster mash. It was a great time, and actually, the boys did great on the 8+ hour drive one way. Chad had to stay at home and work so, needless to say, I didn't have many spare moments to use my camera. You'll have to use your imagination or keep checking here for pictures of the sha-bang.
That's about all. Sorry to my sweet Stetson for never making any press in these posts, but he's so good and quiet that it doesn't make for much news. Consider no news to be good news from his corner of the world. Here's a picture of the sweetie, at least. Happy Fall.
1 comment:
Now, you know we live such similar lives so it's okay for me to say that the moments of mischief involving PB and sneaking out is hilarious.....thanks for the update. I've been wondering about the Rowlands ;)
Post a Comment