Oliver:
Every once in a while Oliver decides he isn't going to nap. While it's not often, it does occur and when it does, I make him stay in his room for "quiet time." I am trying to teach him this since this is my plan for the
Stetson:
Have I ever told you how sweet this child is? He REALLY is. It melts my heart. He's learning all about trouble though. His favorite past time is toilet splashing. You might remember that hobby from Oliver's baby days too. Stetson loves it even more...how did I get so lucky? One day, I was upstairs trying to accomplish some tasks (how dare I?!) when, again, I noticed the extreme quietness coming from downstairs. When I got closer to where Stetson was all I heard was squishing and splashing. He and his lovey, "ducky" which is attached to his hip, were mopping the bathroom floor with toilet water. Ducky was soaked through and the puddle on the floor was bigger than the water left in the bowl. Don't worry, like Oliver, he didn't leave a single surface out. The walls, counter, and mirror were all "splashed" as well. He looked like he'd been dipped in a pool. One look at him and he knew mama wasn't happy which really hurts his feelings. Hopefully he learned his lesson too. The only thing keeping my gag reflex in tact was the overwhelming feeling of gratitude that this wasn't an instance where Oliver decided not to flush the, ahem, "lemonade"....well, as far as I know, anyways.
What about you? What kind of shenanigans have your kids been up to lately? I know I'm not the only one...
4 comments:
Love these posts that confirm we are, indeed, living the parallel lives although you have one up on me with the cream....picturing you open and then close the door makes me giggle. Sorry! :)
The Stetson story reminds me of your first visit to my house.....
I was literally just laughing out loud! Hope they learned their lessons! I know that awful quietness all to well with Brooks. I'm not there with Carson yet, but I know it's coming!
Oh boys....
Eliza and I went to Lowes today to get some flowers, and she was riding in the buggy. I dared to put a plant next to her in the cart, and she freaked out. "Mommy, I don't like dirt! "
I think she needs to spend a little (but not too much!) time with your boys :)
haha, beth, that's hilarious. My boys would've had the flowers for their afternoon snack.
Post a Comment