10.14.2012

Lately.

What?!  It's been another month and a half since I last blogged (again).  Darn you blog, I just can't keep up.  I digress.  I'll fill you in on some things of late, and promise to be back with pictures of a DIY board and batten foyer, and coffee table.  Be sure some of the materials came from a yard sale.  They always do, it's how we roll.

Lately, Oliver started K-4. I'm so glad he LOVES it. He's actually sad that he can't go to school on Saturdays. Come on buddy, being at home isn't that bad.  He learns a letter/number per week, and focuses on a certain theme weekly, and color monthly.  He's learning to recognize letters together form words, and maybe will be doing some early forms of reading by the end of the school year.  I am so proud of him.  He loves to learn.
Stetson goes to "school" on Thursdays and Fridays and is learning a lot too. Although he loves his time there, this mommas boy is happy to still be at home too. It's been nice having some alone time with the younger two, and Stetson loves to "help" mommy while Oliver is in school. Besides flushing half a TP roll down the toilet (among numerous other things), putting on my makeup, dragging every single article of clothing out of his closet and the occasional pee on the floor incident, we're surviving the terrible twos. He's almost three, maybe it'll get better then?
Georgia Grace is just happy to be alive, as usual. She still laid back, super content, and an exceptionally easy baby. She loves to sleep still, but has developed a nap schedule instead of sleeping all the time. She takes a small nap in the mornings, a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon, and a catnap in the evening before bed. I haven't started solids yet, but probably soon will. She has found her voice and loves to "squeak." She can be quite loud, but she has a lot of noise to compete with so you can't really blame her. She has started to sit up on her own, for a short time, and it makes for some pretty cute pictures, for sure!

More to come, I promise, on fall activities and DIY fun!  What are you doing for fall?

2 comments:

W and Js mommy said...

LOVE the pics and glad for an update! I just need to know if O was locked outside and looking in naked or if he was out there by choice! HA A

Lauren said...

ha! he was outside by choice, playing in the yard. that rarely requires a shirt, you know :)