9.15.2008

A Tidbit about Work.

Dear working mothers,

This Bud, I mean post, is for you.

I feel very blessed to be able to stay at home to raise my baby (one day, babies). This is something I've wanted to do all my life, and I have a wonderful husband who supports this idea. However, I did go to four years of nursing school and I'd like to put my daddy's money to good use at least once a month or so :) So, I am working prn (as needed, for all you non medical folk) at Parkside Pediatrics, where I worked before I had Oliver. It's a WONDERFUL practice and if I haven't already recruited you, then you should reconsider your current pediatric choice. :)

I worked today and I also work tomorrow...I am filling in while they are short staffed from one RN who is on maternity leave. My mom keeps Oliver and it's a wonderful way to get out of the house, make some extra money and talk to adults. HOWEVER, let me give a shout out to working mothers. I could NOT work full time. Maybe it's just the way I'm wired, but it's exhausting and all I did was think about Oliver all day!! I knew he was in good hands, but I missed him, ya know? I respect working mothers, and even though my choice is to stay at home, everyone's circumstances are different.

So, I salute you Mrs. Working Mother, for earning the dough all day, and coming home to cook, do laundry and love your babes! You deserve a big reward....Kudos!

5 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

It's not for wimps, let me tell ya! ;) LOL!

Seriously, I don't think I'm wired to stay at home. It was nice while it lasted, but I do better with a routine and I am not good at creating my own routine.

I would love to work PT, but I haven't found the right opportunity yet.

BB's mom told him last night that he had his own Sarah Palin at home and I think he's right. ha!

Anonymous said...

I do have to say somedays I'm not quite sure I have remembered it all getting out the door in the morning.

I enjoy getting out and being on a schedule. I have however found that with 2 I have had to say NO to alot more.
I would like to work PT when both boys are in big kid school( that is what W calls it) so that I can be there when they get home and take them to practice,games...etc. I think its good you are working a few days a month...that is what Kendra does and I know it does a mommy good every once in a while to get out!

TCW said...

I have to agree with everything you said. I did it for 9 months and it was rough for me. I don't know how moms do it all the time. Now I work 1 morning a week and I struggle with missing little miss and she is just in the next room over.

Michelle Y said...

Working outside the home is a struggle everyday when you have a child; however, it is so fabulous to come home to a child's smiling face. I'm glad you are able to have the best of both worlds and know that Oliver is being well taken care of.

Hopefully, Jamie3's appointments will be on your prn days at Parkside. I agree that Parkside is an awesome practice.

The Anderson Family said...

Amen!

I couldn't be full-time at home either. I love what I do and I get a bit of cabin fever (and have school loans to repay). "part" time is a good balance of mommy-time and professional time for me. But, some days are so hard to leave my babies!

Oliver is such a cutie!

Thanks for finding our blog so I could find yours! Can't wait to be at Parkside - soon!