Work at home moms. A couple of weeks ago, I posted regarding working moms (meaning moms who work outside the home), so I figured it was time to pay tribute to work at home moms. I coined this term after Oliver was born deciding I wasn't going to call myself a stay at home mom. Sure, I stay at home some days, but I assure you it's not watching Oprah and eating bon bons. Don't get me wrong, I have a LOT of fun, but this is work!
I am taking a marriage class with Dr. Page as the teacher at TFBC and just this past Wednesday, he gave a shout out to women, recognizing how hard we work on a daily basis. This raising children business is sometimes tough, bringing also the greatest joy (I feel) that women can experience.
What I've learned about staying at home with Oliver is that it's a 24 hour, constant, selfless giving job. I could spend every waking hour taking care of him, not including other things that need to be done....cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, appointments, etc. Dropping our kids off isn't an option for us when we're tired, or need adult conversation (unless your mom is as good as mine, and in town).
Anyways, this isn't some ploy for women's rights, because I despise that mess. But it is a chance to salute you, WAHM's for ALL you do!! Kudos!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout-out. I may need to let Chad read it and I like the new term(WAHM).
Post a Comment