12.08.2008

6 MONTHS!!

Wow! Happy half birthday Oliver! I've said if before and I'll say it again. This time has flown! Every month so many fun changes are taking place in Oliver's life. He is so alert and nosy and interested in everything. He LOVES to check out his surroundings and is very curious. New things that he loves include reaching out to grab things (a favorite at restaurants), playing on the floor with his toys, being in his "exersaucer," and making his mouth sound like a motorboat. He loves to snuggle with mommy, be rambunctious with daddy, play and read with Gigi and his FAVORITE person to grin at is Papa!

We are starting to treat him more like a big boy now, as he is sitting in high chairs when we are out to eat, and sitting in the buggies at the store. He is still a little topply, but he gets stronger every day, and he gets tired of sitting in his carseat all the time anyways. He is sitting up pretty much on his own now while playing at home. He still needs a little support on the hardwoods, but I feel comfortable sitting him up and leaving him to play on the rug in his room. If he topples over, he doesn't care. We say "ma-ma," and "da-da" to him every day in hopes that he'll pick it up soon! When he's on his tummy, he loves to stick his rear in the air and try to get his legs in the crawling position. Maybe he'll be crawling in several months or so! No teeth yet! One more fun thing...we are doing several sign language signs with him, and he definitely knows the "milk" sign. We can sign it to him without saying it and he gets very excited, which is a fun way to communicate.

Here are his stats:
18 pounds 5 ounces.....65th percentile
27.5 inches....................84th percentile

3 comments:

Laura said...

I know I always say this, but Oliver is the CUTEST little boy! He has the greatest blue eyes! And those pictures of Mom and Dad before the party are great! Lauren you are so pretty!! Hopefully I will get to see you at the Christmas gathering of Bible study girls!!!

Lauren said...

Thanks for your sweet comments!! I didn't know you were a blogger...fun!!

Beth said...

Time IS flying by! We enjoyed seeing y'all and of course we loved seeing precious Oliver. I am working on getting your earrings to you!