Now, what really happened: We are all packed up and ready to go by 8 o'clock......yes, right on schedule! Oliver is strapped in his car seat and I'm about to climb in when Chad suggests (he's such a smart man) that I go back in and check to see if we have everything and all is OK before we leave. "Ok, no problem." I run back in to a flooded laundry room floor and halfway flooded kitchen floor. Have I ever told you guys how much I LOVE living in an old house? I would be lying if I didn't tell you that for a very SPLIT second the devil occupied my mind and I tried to pretend I didn't see this, and head on for the beach like everything was OK. Which is ridiculous, I know (too bad I can't have my husband's brains sometimes :) Defeated, I walk back outside, tell Chad to get Oliver out and relay the sad story. So, Chad sets to work, wasting no time, realizing quickly that to fix the problem would take all day! NO! It's MY vacation time. So, I begged for us to just clean the mess up, turn off all the water and leave anyways. I convinced him, but this will still all take an hour or more. I had two errands to run before hitting the road anyways, so I took Oliver while Chad continued to work. First to the library, success. Then, on my way to the next errand (viewer discretion advised for next part) my stomach started to hurt and I knew I would have to stop somewhere and use the facilities. I'm passing a Walgreens...perfect, even looks clean. There was no time for getting a stroller out, so in we go, Oliver in tow to find the bathroom where I proceed to take care of business while Oliver, (very SQUIRMY, almost 12 month old), sits on my lap. You can imagine how that went. It seemed about par for our morning.
When I arrived back home, Chad was all ready to go and we were on the road! Woot! We were only set back about two and a half hours and in hind sight, we are extremely thankful that I did go back in to check on things or else we would have been replacing every hardwood plank in our house. Thank you, God.
Fast forward to the fun part: we had a great time relaxing at the beach even if only for a few short days before we had to head to Charleston on Friday for wedding festivities. Oliver has been quite a challenge the past week; however, because of the schedule change and the 4-5 teeth that are piercing through his tops gums right now. Charleston was fun. My friend, Beth, and I were able to visit and take the kids to the pool on Saturday while her husband was golfing and Chad was with the groomsmen (he was in the wedding). Despite being quite exhausted, we enjoyed a dinner cruise rehearsal dinner and the wedding and reception on Saturday night. Everything turned out beautifully.
We arrived home on Sunday and moved in with my parents since we have no running water at our house. Chad helps with Golf for Greenville through Fluor and was out until 2am Sunday night, and all day Monday doing that. Monday night, he bought a hot water heater, and installed it, and we moved back in on Tuesday night. WHEWWW......
Now it's Wednesday and I'm leaving again tomorrow for LB to spend Memorial Day. Rough, I know. I start tackling my six loads of laundry this morning and the washer won't come on........hmm.
2 comments:
Holy cow, what a mess! Hope you can relax this weekend. So you and Chad are expecting???
LOVE the bath pictures!!! Priceless!
Post a Comment