8.19.2010

Things are about to change (more).

We've got a scooter on our hands! Stetson has been scooting like a worm for about two weeks now, but still hasn't crawled. At this point, I'm not sure that he'll ever crawl since he gets where he wants to go this way. He is also pulling up and starting to climb stairs. Whew, better fasten your seat belt, momma. Oh wait, I'm the momma. He also started table food about two weeks ago, AND. LOVES. IT. He never really was into baby food, so there's no going back now. He eats everything so far, even green peas and cole slaw. Mmm.





In Oliver news, he is starting to get tall and skinny. Note: I'm using the term skinny lightly here, but he is starting to lose that baby belly and shorts that used to fit in the spring are now too big. Going backwards in size, go figure. I know you think I'm perfect and would never do this, but sometimes when we're playing I'll doze off on the floor or on the couch and he loves to say (as loud as possible), "WAKE UP, MOMMY!" It's really cute. He is putting together all kinds of sentences, but mostly still only talks at home. When we're out people always ask me if he talks. I try to tell them politely that he does, but just not to (you). Ha. He loves pennies and nickles and is obsessed with carrying them around. He's a hot mess with a fiery temper, just like always, and gosh, I love him!





And, I know you just wanted to find out about the kids, but Chad and I are doing awesome too, thanks. Chad is working back in Greenville now so we kissed the Oconee commute BYE BYE, forever. It's so nice having him close by with <15 minute commute and much more realistic work hours. He is on a great project and we are excited to see the plans God has for him here. I'm so proud of what he's accomplished in his four years at Fluor. To congratulate him for making it through the Oconee project and doing it with grace, I surprised him last Saturday with a trip to the U.S National Whitewater Center. It's a "park" outside of Charlotte where the Olympians go to train in white water rafting, but it's open to the public too. We had so much fun rafting, mountain biking, kayaking etc. What a great day! Love you, buddy.

3 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

Such cute pictures of the boys....and you and C, too. :) I never thought this until I looked at that last picture of Oliver but I think he looks a lot like you. They are both gorgeous boys!

w and js mommy said...

WHAT?? YOU didn't tell me that! Did you have the greatest time EVER?? Isn't it so much fun there. I wish a birthday party there wouldn;t be a gazillion $$$$ or I would totally do the boys parties there. HA
I love you BOYS. Um Oliver looks like a big boy in those pictures and I don't like it....that means my baby is getting big too! yuck

KLee said...

Um...I am perfect too and never dozed on the floor or while watching tv...ever. Your boys are precious!
Glad you and the big boy enjoyed your day at USNWC!! What a great surprise!