9.11.2010

School.

I guess you can hardly call a once a week parent's day out program, "school," but we do. It's the closet thing my little ones know as school, so we'll go with it. Well, their first day of school was Friday. They go once a week from 9am-2pm, and mommy goes to work! Since they have only been in this setting during church (the longest time being a couple of hours) five hours away was a big deal! They take naps at school and eat their lunch at school. Oliver was such a good boy, and he loved it! He even took a one hour nap on a mat. Miracles can happen, I'm convinced. Stetson did well, smiling at his teachers, like usual. When I picked them up, Oliver was so excited to tell me about his day. He ate lunch out of his "wunchbox," took a nap on a "mat," built a "sky-swaper," and played with "cows." He was MOST excited about his wunchbox, though, and even insisted on carrying it around once we got home. It's the little things. In other Oliver news, he is talking up a storm!! The past two weeks he's turned into a little chatterbox. It makes his funny personality even funnier. He has added many sentences and phrases to his vocabulary including, "I don't thwink so," and "I don't want to." Also, he is starting to pretend play and have a vivid imagination. The other day at mom's house, he startled back when looking into a dark room. When asked what was the matter, he replied, "dinosaur!" He thought he saw a dinosaur in a dark room. Minus the temper tantrums, this is such a fun age. He is learning new words every day and acts like a little sponge soaking up all the information he can.

Stetson. Oh, my sweet little man. He is crawling now. He scooted for the longest time, but now actually does the "traditional" crawl. He loves to pull up on anything and everything, and LOVES to chew on anything that crinkles. He has had two little teeth on the bottom for a while now, but none others yet. He is a huge eater, and eats anything we give him. He is still full of smiles and laughs, and has the best temperment. Not much bothers him at all.

I am so thankful for both my boys. They are so much fun!!



1 comment:

w and js mommy said...

I love the new Oliver phrases---sweet!
SWEETNESS in both boys!