Poor baby Oliver. I feel like I'm only ever telling you about his
devilish 2 year old ways. Well, you need to know, he is SWEET. Most every time he tries me, he makes up for it that same day in one way or another. Underneath his stubborn exterior, he's a real softie. He is very sensitive to whether or not Mommy and Daddy are "happy." Recently we've been disciplining by telling him that his behavior makes mommy, daddy, Jesus etc sad. It about breaks him to know that he is making anyone sad, so he straightens up. USUALLY this works. Refer back to "Manic Monday," and just know it didn't even come close to working then, but usually it does the trick. He loves to be "eaten up" meaning smothered in kisses all over his face and neck. He loves physical touch in the way of hugs, kisses, wrestling or whatever. Oliver is very much into running up to Chad and I and saying "I love you too Mommy," I love you too Daddy." He always says "I love you too," even when he's the one telling us first. :) He is VERY sweet at night too, when we put him to bed. Sometimes he'll lay still and just talk to us, and it's a sweet time. Recently we've been learning about Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. It's a very teachable time. I am so thankful for him even though he is a very trying child. He has such a fun and unique personality and I'm so excited to continue to see it unfold.
Other funny stuff:
Me: Oliver, can I have a kiss.
O: No, mommy. You're silly. Me have hotcakes in my mouth!
Me: Oh, silly me.
Me: Oliver, what is making you so afraid at night? Shadows, dinasaurs, the dark??
O: No, mommy (holds up right pinky finger). It's my widdle finger.
Me: okay....
Also, oftentimes he'll run to where I am and ask me to hold him. I'll pick him up then he'll proceed to tell me about what's "hurting" him in the other room. We'll walk into the next room, where he'll point to the "things" that he's seeing. Recently he "sees" alligators and giants. Talk about a VIVID imagination!
So, don't worry (not that I thought you were) but I LOVE that little one more than life itself. It's just funnier to tell when he's bad...HA!
See all of my sides!....
Devilish..Mischievious.

Cute!

Sweet!

Desperate?

Silly.

Contemplative.

Angelic.
Normal?
1 comment:
that's funny. I love contemplative and normal. I so relate to this. Zeke is like this for me and his "normal" looks about as whiny as Olivers! =)
I LOLed on this post.
Post a Comment