We hung an antique box beside it that Chad and I found at a Thieves Market in Florence. The box doubles as a neat bookshelf since we are always looking for places to store our hundreds of books! Framed pictures are from IKEA.
5.10.2011
DIY Lamp
Lucky for us, we found this old street post in mom and dad's cellar. It was there when they bought the house, and she's always had the idea to turn it into a floor lamp. When she offered to give it to us, we stole her idea and ran with it! I had to blog about it since you know my love for turning something not so great into something awesome! First, Chad re-wired and painted it, then all we had to do was a buy a new shade. After some research we found our shade at Harrison Lighting off Augusta Rd. They were one of the only places in town that carried a shade this big. If you ever need anything "lighting" related, they have gorgeous stuff! All in all, it cost about $80 to redo which I think it pretty good since a lamp this size and quality would retail for hundreds. Check it out. Do you like it, or think it's weird? We love it!
We hung an antique box beside it that Chad and I found at a Thieves Market in Florence. The box doubles as a neat bookshelf since we are always looking for places to store our hundreds of books! Framed pictures are from IKEA.

We hung an antique box beside it that Chad and I found at a Thieves Market in Florence. The box doubles as a neat bookshelf since we are always looking for places to store our hundreds of books! Framed pictures are from IKEA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOVE
I don't think you are wierd--I love how you guys make fun projects out of things together!
Gorgeous! You two are so talented!
already loved the lamp. and now i need some of those crates to hang on my walls!
Post a Comment