8.24.2011

From the peanut gallery.

Mom: Oliver, this year you get to go to a big boy class on Wednesday nights at church and learn about missionaries! Isn't that exciting?
Oliver: What's a missionary?
Mom: Someone who tells people about Jesus.
Oliver: Oh, well I definitely want to be one of those.
Mom: (tear.)

Oliver, bending down and inspecting my toes: Mom, I think I see a tiny bit of fur on your toes.
Mom: Really?
Oliver: Yes, you need to take care of that.

Mom: Oliver, would you like a snack?
Oliver: Yes, I'd like some grapes.
Mom: Okay, how many?
Oliver: (enthusiastically!) A whole swimming pool full!

Out of the mouths of babes, right? My first baby is full of words. This age is so much fun. He loves going places and doing things, and keeping busy. Every morning, if I put shoes on, he asks where we are going. Apparently I can't just wear shoes around the house without going somewhere. He is very into detail and likes to know our schedule for the day. He loves books and a weekly library visit is becoming routine. By the time the books are due back, he has them memorized and can "read" them himself. He has such good behavior (most of the time), and I thank God every day that he wasn't "2" forever. He's a complete joy.

Stetson's as charming as ever. A couple of months ago his red headed temper started rearing it's ugly head for the first time, well ever. Mom and dad nipped that in the bud real soon, and I think he got the picture fairly quickly. Maybe there's worse to come, not sure, but he's still very compliant and just so sweet. This kid's vocabulary amazes me! Oliver didn't say much at all until he was two, but Stetson can say pretty much anything you ask him to. He loves to sing and can do a pretty good job at his ABC's, Jesus loves me, Row your boat, and some lullabies. He uses 3 or 4 word sentences and follows directions well. He loves his brother and asks for him first thing in the morning. Forget mommy, where's bubba?!?

We've been prepping them both for a new baby in the house. Stetson is pretty clueless; however, he does LOVE babies. He kisses them, rubs them etc. We explained to Oliver that some mommies grow babies in their tummy and some grow babies in their heart. There is a baby in mommy and daddy's heart that is growing with love, and soon Jesus will let the baby come live at our house. He's excited about that, and talks about it very lovingly. I can't wait to have three precious blessings. God is so good.

So many times strangers see me out and say, "My, you have your hands full!" I've never had a great comeback until I read an article several weeks ago that gave me this response, "Yes, I do! Full of GOOD things!" That's a habit for me now, and isn't it so true?

3 comments:

KLee said...

Stetson was so into M tonight and super sweet with him at dinner. While Oliver was over here M was fussing and he just went and sat next to him and calmed him down. They will be two great big brothers! Can't wait to meet that new baby!

W and Js mommy said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for big brothers! WOOTY TOOT for a new baby and I love that you can say with confidence " YES LOTS OF GOOD THINGS " at that stupid comment about boys! Hope your read the article I sent you the day about WILD boys! I thought it was a great perspective on how no passive man ever did anything GREAT! SO GO ON MAMA BEAR ROAR and let those boys be boys!

Double Dees in SC said...

They are so cute and S is just a mini-me of his big bruffer. Love it!