5.01.2008

PI

PI, as some stickers read, stands for Pawley's Island. That's where I've been this week. Pawley's, also synonymous with Litchfield Beach, has become one of my most favorite places in the world in the last two years. Sally and Clarence own a second home there, and the town is reminiscent of a kind of place Nicholas Sparks might use as a setting for one of his books. It's a lovely and quaint destination with little to no commercialization; however, if you are eager for something bigger, Myrtle Beach is a short 30 minutes down Hwy 17.

The highlights are always the same, yet never get boring: riding beach cruisers, taking walks, riding the golf cart, cruising in "Regina Leigh" (Papa's fishing boat) and enjoying local food. And, the views. This passion is one I inherit honestly from both my parents who are also beach lovers. And, I have, oh, around 40 years to convince my husband this is definitely where we want to retire. I hope that's enough time. Until next time, PI.


3 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

OHHHHH, PI! Can we have a girl's weekend there sometime? I promise we'll leave your parent's place nicer than we found it. :)
I HEART that place! Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to make our beach trip next year.
The food, the views, the laziness of it all...until next time, PI!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOOO with that said ...maybe next year we do need to take a weeknd down there...or maybe next year our beach times will coincide with eachothers families...we saw your parents last yeart( at Lee's YUMMO) and you guys had just left...BUMMER maybe next year!!!!

KLee said...

Maybe after being here for 4 years we can make a trip down to the beach for a week...I would LOVE that! Everyone says PI is the best!