1.04.2011

5 years.

Christmas Eve marked our 5th anniversary. Does that mean we aren't newlyweds anymore?? I don't know. It's disappointing that I didn't google "5th anniversary" before our trip, then I would've known it's the year of giving wood, and Chad would've been the happiest man alive. I gave him a watch instead. As for me, I was thrilled to get my circle tag necklace that I've been coveting wanting for a very long time. Oh, and I almost forgot! He shaved. Yes, it's the first time in five years, and only the second time in our 10 years together that I've seen him without facial hair!! It's his guaranteed smoochin' face!

But, way more special than the gift giving was the fact that we got to spend a whole weekend away, ALONE, and kidless! Thank you Papa and Gigi! We spent the weekend at a friend's lake cottage and it was perfect. We mainly just relaxed and did things we wouldn't be able to do with our two munchkins, like read, talk(?), nap, watch movies, and browse antique stores. By the way, if you are reading this and you don't ever get away without your kids, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's so refreshing for your marriage and so FUN!

And, as for Chad, I really can't say enough about that man. He truly understands and embodies the servant leadership role in this household. He is selfless, and giving, supportive and kind. His fathering skills blow me out of the water and our kids are obviously enamored by him. He's hardworking and he looks good in flannel. I love you more today than ever, buddy! Thanks for 5 amazing years!

My new necklace.



Clean shaven!

He even cooks! I'm so blessed....and see what I mean about the flannel? :)

2 comments:

w and js mommy said...

so glad that you got a chance to get away and spend time smoochin! :)

I love you both very much and think your marriage is a blessing to us all~
Here is to 50 more!

Laura said...

Congrats on five years!! I LOVE your necklace!! I noticed it Wed and went to say how much I liked it, but then something interrupted me :) Good job Chad!!