The past eight weeks I've experienced extreme hives all over my body. Usually they are daily. After two episodes of my throat swelling and mild symptoms of an anaphylactic reaction, I finally decided to see my family doctor, who referred me to an allergist.
Short story version: I was diagnosed with milk, beef and pork allergies. Weird, huh? Is this bad luck? Is this punishment? What IS this?
It's a faith test. I've been studying Genesis recently. In chapter 12, God tests Abraham using circumstances in His life. Sometimes Abraham passes the test, sometimes not. Why does God test our faith? He does so to make us stronger, to make us more dependent on Him, and to remind us that we are not in control. Unlike Abraham who ran away to Egypt, he wants us to run to HIM. Since Tuesday, I've experienced a little denial (no more hamburgers, hotdogs, ice cream etc. etc!!), done a little moping, and then I decided to (wo)man up. I won't get through this trial on my own, but with faith in Him, no matter what may come my way, my life is in His hands. I want to pass this test, and I want to become better.
I love this song, don't you? Want to close your eyes and sway? I don't mind.
"My Life Is In Your Hands"
You don't have to worry
And don't you be afraid
Joy comes in the morning
Troubles they don't last always
For there's a friend in Jesus
Who will wipe your tears away
And if your heart is broken
Just lift your hands and say
Oh
I know that I can make it
I know that I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in your hands
With Jesus I can take it
With Him I know I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in your hands
So when your tests and trials
They seem to get you down
And all your friends and loved ones
Are nowhere to be found
Remember there's a friend in Jesus
Who will wipe your tears away
And if you heart is broken
Just lift your hands and say
Oh
I know that I can make it
I know that I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in your hands
With Jesus I can take it
With Him I know I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in your hands
By: Kirk Franklin
What about you? Any faith tests in your life recently? What about crazy food allergies, or is that just me?
3 comments:
Baby girl...you are not alone as you said...I am here for you as well whenever you need me. love u!
don't worry...I didn't mean the part of the song that said my friends and loved ones were no where to be found. I just like the song in general :)
Love your perspective on this trying situation. I think you'll be such an inspiration to others that are either going through something similar or have children going through it, to show them what you've learned while dealing with it. Proud of you but praying that God will strengthen you through these times and that you won't specifically crave them just because you can't have them right now....you know, since we always want what we can't have. :-)
Post a Comment