Well, that's actually the finished product. I was too lazy, er, forgetful, to snap a "before" shot which is much to my dismay because this beauty has come a long way since I snatched her up at a yard sale for a mere $40. The lady I bought this from told me it had been in her family for over a hundred years, but she was ready to get rid of it because it "didn't match her house anymore." Really? So it sat for about a year waiting on a baby to arrive and a nursery to be put in! We had a good reason for all that waiting because in the case that we got a girl (we did, obviously)
8.01.2012
DIY Milk-paint dresser
For all five of you who read my blog (hi mom!), you already know and aren't surprised to hear me say that whatever I dream up, Chad can make it! He's a talented fellow and not only is he good at working with his hands, he loves it. So, my part is to dream it and/or buy it, his part is to make it happen. My part sounds so much better, doesn't it? Whatever hunk of junk I lug home usually sits around for 6-12 months before it gets any love, but, with 3 busy kids, we do the best we can. So, when I stumbled upon this about a year ago, I was smitten.
Well, that's actually the finished product. I was too lazy, er, forgetful, to snap a "before" shot which is much to my dismay because this beauty has come a long way since I snatched her up at a yard sale for a mere $40. The lady I bought this from told me it had been in her family for over a hundred years, but she was ready to get rid of it because it "didn't match her house anymore." Really? So it sat for about a year waiting on a baby to arrive and a nursery to be put in! We had a good reason for all that waiting because in the case that we got a girl (we did, obviously)we I wanted it to be painted a girly color. It looks bluish in this picture, but in reality, it's more teal-ish. Chad used milk paint and a distressing method to get the look, but left the top au naturale, which is solid mahogany. We're loving the final product. Hopefully Georgia will adore this piece for the rest of her life. And, kudos to you Chad, Mr. Renaissance-I-can-do-anything-man.
Well, that's actually the finished product. I was too lazy, er, forgetful, to snap a "before" shot which is much to my dismay because this beauty has come a long way since I snatched her up at a yard sale for a mere $40. The lady I bought this from told me it had been in her family for over a hundred years, but she was ready to get rid of it because it "didn't match her house anymore." Really? So it sat for about a year waiting on a baby to arrive and a nursery to be put in! We had a good reason for all that waiting because in the case that we got a girl (we did, obviously)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! WOW!
Beth
Post a Comment